"Upgradeable/Downgradable = Yes" means that this Tour's Accommodations and or Transportation aspects can be "Upgraded" or "Downgraded" depending on your budget and desires.
- Example #1: You see a Tour you would like to take but the accommodation selections cost a bit more than you would like to spend so you would like to "Downgrade" (say from "Standard" to "Budget") the accommodations aspect to be able to take the tour.
- Example #2: You see a Tour you like but would like to experience a better grade of hotel than that listed so you would like to "Upgrade" the accommodations aspect of the Tour.
The below estimates are purely a "Ball Park" number in order to give you an idea of how costs will change. To get a closer estimate, please contact us with what you have in mind.
- Upgrade: Expect to pay around $100-200 EXTRA per night, per upgrade class.
- Downgrade: Expect to pay around $100-200 LESS per night, per downgrade class.
Transportation There are basically 3 kinds of "Transportation" styles in Japan. "non-Reserved", "Reserved" and "First-Class" (which is usually called "Green Class" in Japan). We only use "Reserved" and "First Class" on our Tours for transportation between distant locations (i.e. between major cities/locations). Depending on the Class of the tour, in local areas we do use Public, non-Reserved Transportation.
- Upgrade: Expect to pay around 80% EXTRA of a "non-First Class Fee", per ride.
- Downgrade: Expect to pay around 80% LESS of a "First Class Fee", per ride.